Week 4 – Assignment: Explain the Revenue and Financing Strategy for a Public Agency
For this assignment, as a division director in a public agency, you will deliver an audio-narrated PowerPoint slide presentation to gain approval senior leadership on your revenue and financing strategy for the budget in the coming fiscal year. Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists and should cite material appropriately. Add audio to each slide using the Media section of the Insert tab in the top menu bar for each slide.
Be sure your assignment addresses the following:
- Report on the performance achievements and gaps from the past year.
- Reiterate the policy goals and objectives for the coming year.
- Calculate the proposed costs, amounts, and percentages based on categories of public benefit.
- Enumerate the proposed revenue sources and projected amounts for the fiscal year.
- Describe the proposed approach to debt and other types of financing.
- List opportunities for cost-sharing and partnerships.
- Describe the associated challenges and risks, and suggest ways to ameliorate them.
- Mention the critical success factors.
- Conclude with the timeline for completion.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Drukker, A. J., Gayer, T., & Gold, A. K. (2020). Tax-exempt municipal bonds and the financing of professional sports stadiums. National Tax Journal, 73(1), 157–195.