This week’s reading centered around Bitcoin Economics. A. Why are some businesses are accepting and other businesses are rejecting the use of Bitcoins as a standard form of currency? Compare and contrast this with other cryptocurrencies.
Your paper needs to identify two major companies that have adopted Bitcoin technology as well as one that has refused accepting Bitcoin as a form of currency. Be sure to discuss each organization, how they adopted (or why they won’t adopt) Bitcoin, and what recommendations you have for them to continue to support Bitcoin (or why they should support Bitcoin).
B. Take a position, either
1) cryptocurrency is a fad that will fade, or 2) cryptocurrency is a legitimate representation of wealth that will persist and grow. There are rigorous resources available on either side of the argument to lend credibility to your case. Regardless of your choice, clearly state 2-3 factors succinctly.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately four to six pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
- Follow APA7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing
Alejandro Mario Hernandez. (2019). Blockchain security as a global disruption for bitcoin and other applications. Revista Abierta de Informática Aplicada, 3(2), 23–30.
Aparecido Maciel da Silva, W., Brasil Martins, N. C., de Andrade Miranda, I., Silva da Penha, R., & Reina, D. (2020). Cryptocurrencies and Finance: The Relationship between the Return of Bitcoin and the Main Digital Currencies. Brazilian Journal of Management / Revista de Administração Da UFSM, 13(2), 394–407. https://doi.org/10.5902/1983465930491
Pavlus, J. (2018). The World Bitcoin Created. Scientific American, 318(1), 32–37.