Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Jarvis, C. (2016).
- Chapter 5
- Chapters 8-11
- Breast Cancer: What Is Your Risk? (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Breast cancer. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=17
- Skin Cancer: What Is Your Risk? (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Skin cancer. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=12
- Video – Assessment: Breast (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Videos – Video assessment: Breast. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition [Video]. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/videos_assessment/?ch=17
Supplemental Online Materials & Resources
- The World Health Organization (WHO) website for its mission and goals related to health promotion.
World Health Organization. (2018). World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/en (Links to an external site.)
- Golden, S. D., McLeroy, K. R., Green, L. W., Earp, J. L., Lieberman, L.D. (2015). Upending the social ecological model to guide health promotion efforts toward policy and environmental change. Health Education & Behavior, 42(1S), 8S-14S. doi: 10.1177/1090198115575098
Upending the Social Ecological Model to Guide Health Promotion Efforts Toward Policy and Environmental Change
- Kemppainen, V., Tossavainen, K., Turunen, H. (2012). Nurses’ roles in health promotion practice: An integrative review. Health Promotion International. doi:10.1093/heapro/das034
Nurses Roles in Health Promotion Practice
- This discussion contains 2 parts:
- KM is a 38-year-old white woman with a 6-year history of psoriasis. Her family history includes allergies and asthma and her mother with psoriasis. KM returns today for an increase in symptoms, and she wants to improve the appearance of her skin. Please discuss the following:
- What is the underlying cause of psoriasis?
- What are the common signs and symptoms of this disease?
- Define, Compare and Contrast the following conditions:
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Malignant breast tumor
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in proper current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.