One might think that the Bible has nothing to say regarding business planning, but the opposite is true. In Luke 14:28, Jesus suggests, “For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?” (English Standard Version). Indeed, Jesus said in Matthew 6:34 that we should consider planning in the short-term as well: “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” The two perspectives complement each other. The long-term is not ignored; we are just told not to worry ourselves. We should focus on both time frames as we make strategic short- and long-term plans, but we should avoid worrying. That comes from prayer, as Philippians 4:6 admonishes that we “not be anxious, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Think about it—we can place our concerns and worries on God, and he will provide.
1. Review the material above, and read Luke 14:28, Matthew 6:34, and Philippians 4:6.
2. Be sure to address the following prompts in your paper:
a) What cares or struggles are you currently experiencing? What steps can you take this week to give these cares and concerns to God?
b) What changes can you make in your professional life to help you continually release concerns and cares about work to God?
3. Your paper should be at least 250 words in length.
1. Use your workplace or do internet research for a Fortune 1000 company as an example and respond to the following prompts and questions:
a) Identify the vision and mission of the organization you have done research on and describe how technology is providing support for meeting the organization’s goals.
b) What do you see as one weakness and one strength of how the company is using technology to support its goals?
c) What are two suggested strategies you would propose to enhance the company’s structure, so it is more responsive?
2. Your initial post should be at least 350 words and supported with credible outside references.
1. In this final assignment, you will be adding your recommendations for improving the information system’s infrastructure that you researched and completed in the Workshop Two summary of your organization’s mission, goals, and strategies and the Workshop Four organizational SWOT analysis
2. This last phase of the final project will be your recommendations based upon the SWOT analysis you conducted in Workshop Four.
3. You should identify at least four improvements and provide a thorough explanation for each of your recommendations.
4. The total length of the paper should be 10–15 pages. You may use graphics or other features within your paper; however, these do not count toward the 10–15 pages total.
5. Make sure your paper is double-spaced and uses APA format. The paper should have a minimum of five references.