Please write 2-3 paragraph and precisely answer these 3 questions:
The readings, PowerPoints and videos illustrate how technology supports the delivery of safe, high quality, patient-centered care. Think about a typical day in your current work setting.
- Provide an example from your experiences that demonstrates how you interact with technology when providing patient care.
- How does technology support you, as a knowledge worker, using the data to wisdom model (pg. 105 in textbook and described in PowerPoints)?
- Based on your experiences in nursing and current setting, what do you feel are areas of priority for the advancement of informatics in nursing? *peer–reviewed article reference required for this question.
NOTE: Please cite the textbook as a reference when appropriate.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th edition). Burlington, Mass: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Changes in culture and technology have resulted in patient populations that are often well informed and educated, even before consulting or considering a healthcare need delivered by a health professional. Fueled by this, health professionals are increasingly involving patients in treatment decisions. However, this often comes with challenges, as illnesses and treatments can become complex.
What has your experience been with patient involvement in treatment or healthcare decisions?
In this Discussion, you will share your experiences and consider the impact of patient involvement (or lack of involvement). You will also consider the use of a patient decision aid to inform best practices for patient care and healthcare decision making.
- Review the Resources and reflect on a time when you experienced a patient being brought into (or not being brought into) a decision regarding their treatment plan.
- Review the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute’s Decision Aids Inventory at https://decisionaid.ohri.ca/.
- Choose “For Specific Conditions,” then Browse an alphabetical listing of decision aids by health topic.
NOTE: To ensure compliance with HIPAA rules, please DO NOT use the patient’s real name or any information that might identify the patient or organization/practice.
Post a brief description of the situation you experienced and explain how incorporating or not incorporating patient preferences and values impacted the outcome of their treatment plan. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain how including patient preferences and values might impact the trajectory of the situation and how these were reflected in the treatment plan. Finally, explain the value of the patient decision aid you selected and how it might contribute to effective decision making, both in general and in the experience you described. Describe how you might use this decision aid inventory in your professional practice or personal life.