(SOLVED) Describe the signs and symptoms of Phlebitis
Type of Paper: Essay (any type)
Academic Level: Undergrad. (yrs 3-4)
Paper Format: APA
Pages: 3 Words: 721
Describe the signs and symptoms of Phlebitis. Discuss the usual treatment.
2. Describe the signs and symptoms of Infiltration. Discuss the usual treatment.
3. Calculation Practice
a. The tubing has a drip factor of . The desired IV rate is . Calculate drops per minute.
b. The tubing has a drip factor of . The desired IV rate is . Calculate gtts/min.
c. The tubing has a microdrip chamber. The desired IV rate is . Calculate gtts .
Expert solution Preview
Q1) Phlebitis is a condition in which a vein becomes inflamed, typically due to a blood clot or an infection. The signs and symptoms of phlebitis may include:
- Pain or tenderness along the affected vein
- Redness and warmth over the area of the vein
- Swelling of the affected limb
- Hardening of the vein
- A mild fever
The usual treatment for phlebitis depends on the underlying cause. If the inflammation is due to an infection, antibiotics may be prescribed. If the inflammation is due to a blood clot, blood thinners may be prescribed to prevent further clotting. Other treatments may include:
- Rest and elevation of the affected limb
- Compression stockings or bandages to reduce swelling
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to relieve pain and inflammation
- Warm compresses to reduce swelling and pain
Page: 1 of 1