One of the most important tasks of a school leader is the modeling of best practices. Curriculum alignment is among these best practices. Teachers will benefit from examples of alignment and they should be part of the alignment process to ensure improvement, promote students’ learning readiness, instill mutual commitment and accountability, and develop the knowledge, skills, and motivation to succeed.
Select a school setting (e.g., elementary, middle, secondary), and design a 10-15 slide digital presentation for a faculty professional development session on unit planning. Provide research-based examples that promote the following:
- The importance of planning units, rather than simply individual lessons.
- Designing instructional units that embody high expectations for student learning and align with academic standards.
- Planning differentiated instructional strategies and technologies that can be used to maximize high-quality instruction.
- Ensuring that curriculum and instructional practices are culturally inclusive.
- Incorporating the school’s vision and goals into innovative instructional programs.
Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.