Create a report for your Manager on Information-Gathering Techniques.
Gathering information for a new system is important and sets the tone of the development cycle. If not done thoroughly, the project could be a failure before it begins.
You are the Project Manager of XYZ Enterprises. Your manager gives you the task of researching the different techniques used to gather information as the company is going to replace their Case Management System. He would like a report of all the different type of information gathering listed below. For each technique, give reasons to use it and the best ways to accomplish using each information-gathering method.
- Interviewing users and stakeholders.
- Distributing and collecting questionnaires.
- Observing and documenting business procedures.
- Collecting active user comments and suggestions.
- Researching vendor solutions.