Healthcare organizations strive to improve quality of care cost-effectively. Each organization utilizes a quality improvement approach that is the most suitable for their organization. This could include the Lean model for improvement or Six Sigma. Deming’s 14 quality improvement principles attempt to guide the development of these models.
In this assignment, you will analyze Deming’s 14 principles of improvement. In your analysis, include the following:
- Explain Deming’s 14 principles of quality improvement.
- Assess the relevance of these principles in quality improvement today.
- Discuss the Lean model and how it interrelates with Deming’s principles.
- Discuss Six Sigma and how it interrelates with Deming’s principles
- Explain how the Lean approach could support risk management in healthcare organizations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.