For this discussion you will be working within your assigned small group to develop five recommendations that you will propose to Sharon Slade, the chief human resources officer of Netflix.
Your recommendations should include the following critical elements:
- Incorporate concepts of integrative bargaining, (i.e., win-win bargaining or interest-based bargaining). Your goal is to create an environment that increases the likelihood of reaching a mutually beneficial outcome for both parties.
- Identify ways that Sharon can make a positive first impression, using tacit communication, such as body language, tone of voice, and so on. Explain your reasoning.
- Identify examples of effective overt communication that Sharon can use in this negotiation. Explain your reasoning.
- Suggest a location for the negotiation session that will create confidence in both Sharon and Alice and a positive basis for the discussion.
- Identify situation(s) when should Sharon use tacit communication. In which situation(s) should Sharon use overt communication? Explain your reasoning.
- Compare the impact of the overt and tacit communication in these situations and how they will affect the message Sharon is sending.
In addition to the recommendations, your instructor will evaluate your participation in the assignment:
- Participation: Complete and submit and group member evaluation form during the same week of the workshop. Use this form to evaluate your own and your group members’ performance on the small group assignment. Your review should be objective, fair, and professional.