For this assignment, you will apply the practices of planning, creating, and delivering an impactful professional presentation. Identify an important topic for your role, company, or industry. The topic should be something you care about, and something you want to persuade your listeners to do something about. For example, you may want to:
- Address your company’s executive leadership team about relaxing your office dress code
- Persuade your department head to reconsider their remote work policy
- Convince your boss that you deserve a promotion to your company’s leadership team
Think carefully about how to define the major objectives of your presentation, so that you can design and deliver your presentation with those objectives clearly in mind.
Follow the steps below to prepare your slide deck and create your video presentation in Zoom:
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation slide deck for a topic of your choice, related to your workplace or career interests. It should be designed to persuade your listeners to act on your words. It is recommended that your slide deck contain no more than 12 slides, including a cover slide and a references slide if needed.
- Apply slide design best practices: use brief slide headings and minimal text, include images and/or charts, and format your slides professionally
- Include a PowerPoint cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- Slide deck is well structured, with informative slide titles, a logical order of topics, and effective opening and closing slides. It uses minimal text, includes illustrative images and/or charts, and employs consistent formatting.
- Speaker states clear objectives at the beginning and closes with an appropriate proposal, call to action, or other indication of next steps
- Presentation delivery is targeted and succinct, with a clear flow of ideas and a persuasive impact.
*******DON’T WORRY ABOUT THE ZOOM PORTION, JUST THE POWERPOINT PRRSENTATION….NO CLIPART******
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE SLIDESHOW IS ENGAGING & INTERESTING.
Links that will assist with the topic.
1. Khushboo Singh. 2019. How to Harness the Power of Persuasion to Improve Communication. Thrive Global. https://thriveglobal.com/stories/how-to-harness-the-power-of-persuasion-to-improve-communication/
2. Gwen Moran. 2019. 5 TED Talk Strategies to Be More Compelling at Work. Fortune. https://fortune.com/2019/09/25/ted-talks-public-speaking-tips-strategies