First draft was 100% Plagiarized – Need to be revised ASAP
Degree focus: EDD Performance Improvement Leadership
- Critical Reflection and Writing Process EvaluationCritical Thinking and Professional Growth
The core of effective leadership in education is centered on critical thinking. All the tough decisions require leaders to critically analyze problems, challenges, and issues through the lens of the critical thinker who consistently integrates critical thinking principles into all decisions about how to best lead educational organizations.Throughout the course, we have emphasized key elements of your program and specialization while remaining focused on the factors needed for success as leaders in education. These factors are represented through the essential course competencies:
- Determine how action research and systems thinking apply to professional problems, challenges, or issues in education.
- Apply information literacy skills to locate and critically evaluate scholarly data, theories, and research.
- Critically reflect on one’s own professional decisions, attitudes, actions, and skills to direct one’s own learning and growth.
- Analyze the characteristics of ethical behavior and respect for diversity and civil discourse.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and appropriate to purpose.
- This week, you will work to transition what you have learned in this course to the start of your specific program or organization. As you prepare to progress from your first course at Capella to the program-specific requirements and courses for your own field or specialization, we encourage you to save the resources, links, materials, tools, and feedback to help you create your success. You will also continue your focus on critical thinking this week with emphasis on Paul and Elder’s universal intellectual standards.
TO DO LIST:
- Assignment: Write a 12–15-page paper in which you compile your previous assignments and reflect on your experience writing papers for the course.
- What You Need to Know: Read about intellectual standards.
- Assignment Overview
For this final assignment, you will revise and compile the assignments you have developed throughout this course and reflect on your experience writing papers.
- What You Need to Know
Your reading time this week will be devoted to completing your final assignment. The final assignment is a compilation of the revised assignments you developed throughout this course, along with your final reflection.
- Review each writing revision matrix you worked on for your assignments in Weeks 4 and 7. Your final assignment is expected to include a reflection on how you addressed the feedback you received from Smarthinking, the Writing Center, and your instructor for each assignment. Revise your previous assignments to reflect the feedback you received.
- Be sure to use the Week 9 Assignment Template [DOCX] as a guide to format, organize, and address the final assignment components.
- Rework your assignments to include a new introduction and conclusion for this final paper.
- Consider saving your course assignments to your ePortfolio. The work you submit for this course will only be retrievable for a limited time, and you may want or need to access these assignments in the future.
- Assignment Instructions
CRITICAL REFLECTION AND WRITING PROCESS EVALUATION
Professional practice requires ongoing reflection to identify strategies, behaviors, processes, and dispositions that lead to the strongest results and those approaches that might be improved. We also reflect on our own responses to our professional experiences as a means of processing and strengthening our practice. This assignment will help you reflect critically on:
- The writing and revision choices you made in the previous two course assignments.
- How your experience in this course relates to your professional orientation and career goals.
- For this assignment, you will submit revised versions of the assignments from Weeks 4 and 7, an evaluation of your writing process for each assignment, and a critical reflection that explores the impact of this course on your professional orientation and career goals. You should also include a new introduction and conclusion.
Before you begin your paper, review the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Then use the Week 9 Assignment Template [DOCX] to complete the following components:
Enter your name on the title page where it says Learner Name.
Immediately following the title of the paper, provide an overview of what is included in this paper.
Writing Process Evaluation: Before pasting the revised components of your Literature Review assignment (listed below) into the assignment template, remember to first evaluate the stages of your personal writing process while you completed the assignment, as well as those specific revision choices you applied in response to feedback from your instructor, from Smarthinking, or from rethinking your work. Explain how lessons learned or strategies used during the writing process for this assignment might be applied to future writing tasks related to this program and your chosen profession.
Revised components of your Literature Review assignment:
- Overview of Topic.
- Topic Relation to Specialization.
- Review of the Literature.
- Synthesis of the Literature Reviewed.
- Ethical Behavior, Diversity, and Civil Discourse
Writing Process Evaluation: Before pasting the revised components of your Ethical Behavior, Diversity, and Civil Discourse assignment (listed below) into the assignment template, remember to first evaluate your personal writing process while completing the assignment, as well as those specific revision choices you applied in response to feedback from your instructor, from Smarthinking, or from rethinking your work. Explain how lessons learned or strategies used during the writing process for this assignment might be applied to future writing tasks related to this program and your chosen profession.
Revised components of your Ethical Behavior, Diversity, and Civil Discourse assignment:
- Overview of Focus on Ethical Behavior, Diversity, and Civil Discourse.
- Diversity Issue Related to Specialization.
- Ethical Behavior Issue Related to Specialization.
- Civil Discourse Issue Related to Specialization.
- Review of the Literature.
- Synthesis of the Literature Reviewed.
Evaluate the impact of this course on your understanding of your professional goals, future doctoral courses, and strategies for program success. Make specific connections to your chosen specialization.
- Professional purpose and career goals: Reflect upon your professional purpose and career goals, including how your career aspirations align with your program or specialization outcomes. This self-reflection activity should inform your decision to reaffirm or reconsider your chosen degree program and specialization.
- Professional attributes and professional growth: Articulate your professional strengths and opportunities for growth. Discuss why effective educators must be lifelong learners. Identify organizations, resources, and activities that could be used for professional development to strengthen your skills.
- Career Center: Discuss how Capella University’s Career Center resources and services may be useful as you pursue your career goals related to your specialization.
- Writing process: Summarize your experience with the writing process and writing tools throughout this course.
- Describe how you first read and interpreted assignment prompts.
- Analyze your use of the Writing Center resources.
- Explain how the drafting and revision experiences differed for the Week 4 and Week 7 assignments.
- Compare your comfort with and ability to identify and search scholarly journals relevant to your specialization before and after this course.
- Describe any other relevant writing experience during this course.
Include a minimum of 10 peer-reviewed, scholarly references that are also cited in the paper.
Copy and paste the following writing revision matrices at the end of your paper:
- Week 4 Writing Revision Matrix.
- Week 7 Writing Revision Matrix.
Prior to submitting your paper for grading, submit it to Smarthinking. Make any needed changes to your paper based on the feedback you receive from Smarthinking. (Remember, it can take up to 48 hours to receive feedback from Smarthinking, so be sure to submit your draft to Smarthinking early enough so you will be able to incorporate the feedback, revise, and submit your assignment on time).
In addition to the requirements outlined above, your assignment should meet the following:
- Template: Use the Week 9 Assignment Template [DOCX] to complete this assignment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Sources: A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed, scholarly references that are also cited in the paper.
- APA formatting: Follow current APA style and formatting for in-text citations. For more information on the APA guidelines for in-text citations, go to Academic Writer and use the Learn tab to find the Quick Guides on Citing Sources and Paper Format and Organization. See the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for instructions on accessing and using Academic Writer.
- Include a title page with the following title: Critical Reflection and Writing Process.
- Length: 12–15 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Portfolio Prompt: Consider saving this assignment to your ePortfolio. The work you submit for this course will only be retrievable for a limited time, and you may want or need to access these assignments in the future.
Submit your paper as a Word document in the Week 10 assignment area.
Your Work will be evaluated using this criteria.VIEW SCORING GUIDECompetencies Measured
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 3: Critically reflect on one’s own professional decisions, attitudes, actions and skills to direct one’s own learning and growth.
- Evaluate personal writing process and revision choices applied to the Literature Review assignment.
- Evaluate personal writing process and revision choices with the Ethical Behavior, Diversity, and Civil Discourse assignment.
- Evaluate the impact of the course on understanding of professional goals, future courses, and strategies for program success.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and appropriate to purpose.
- Develop engaging text with varied sentence structure and sound grammatical structure.
- Integrate appropriate use of scholarly sources, evidence, and APA citation style.
- Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions.