Essay. Research and report on a controversial topic in the field of infant and toddler development. Paper will be written in APA format to include title page, abstract, and reference page. These will not count in overall word count. Remember to include running head on all pages. Use the rubric below as your guide when writing, and evaluating your work.
Paper on a Controversy
Research and report on a controversial topic in the field of infant and toddler development.
Course Objectives Addressed
Demonstrate the ability to research a controversial topic in the field, and come to an evidence-based conclusion.
Description of assignment
- Choose a controversial topic that interests you from this course. Find two academic articles (not websites or popular publications), published after 2005, that take opposing views on this topic.
- Describe the issue, and explain why it is controversial.
- For each article, describe:
The author(s)’ position
- How the author justified his or her position
- The conclusion the author(s) reached
- Any biases you think the article may have
- Describe and justify your opinion on this topic and if it was changed after your research.
Microsoft Word or RTF format only. Attached. No other formats accepted, opened, or graded.
1000 word minimum not including title, abstract, reference pages.
The paper addresses the issues specified by the assignment.
The author shows insight and sophistication in thinking and writing.
Paper was well organized and easy to follow. Paper was the required length. Attention paid to APA format, title page, abstract, in-text citations and Reference page were in the correct APA format, and not included in the word count.
Few to no spelling, grammar, punctuation or other writing structural errors.