Directions for Phase 1:
- Select one registered nurse that you know who is creating nursing history today to be the subject of this course project.
- This RN must have at least 10 years of RN licensure.
- The nurse could be a family member, friend, colleague, acquaintance, manager, former instructor, or other nurse who is creating, delivering, or influencing the practice of nursing in your area. Do not select a former or current patient.
- Remember that all nurses are making nursing history today in their own ways, not just the nurses writing books or leading large health systems in innovative change.
- Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the Phase 2 Conversation for this project will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to the instructor for scoring purposes. The interview is not intended for public access. The conversation will be about the Selected Nurse’s:
- memories of nursing and nursing education;
- contributions to nursing related to leadership, provision of care, and/or evidence-based practice; and
- persons or events that have influenced the nurse’s professional practice.
- Select a date, time, and location to conduct the Conversation with the selected nurse to be scheduled between Saturday of Week 2 or during Week 3.
- NOTE: Do NOT conduct Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse until you receive feedback (in course Grades area for Phase 1 Selected Nurse Information) from your instructor about approval of the nurse you have selected.
- View the Phase 1: Selected Nurse Information Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Download and use the Phase 1: Selected Nurse Information Template (required) linked in the Templates section below
- Submit Phase 1 assignment on required Phase 1 template via Canvas by due date.
NR393 Course Project Phase 1: Selected Nurse Information Template (Download here (Links to an external site.))
- Use the template provided. If the template is not used, a deduction will be applied.
- Carefully review the directions, required template, tutorial, and rubric.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed