Create a policy that ensures all evidence is collected and handled in a secure and efficient manner. Remember, you are writing a policy, not procedures. Focus on the high-level tasks, not the individual steps.
- Description of information required for items of evidence
- Documentation required in addition to item details (personnel, description of circumstances, and so on)
- Description of measures required to preserve initial evidence integrity
- Description of measures required to preserve ongoing evidence integrity
- Controls necessary to maintain evidence integrity in storage
- Documentation required to demonstrate evidence integrity