Create a 15- to 20-slide presentation (not including the title and reference pages) that addresses your personal best leadership experience.
You have two choices for this assignment that account for different levels of professional experience. Below are your two options:
- Option 1: Discuss your personal best experience performing as a leader in an organization.
- Option 2: Discuss your personal best experience following a leader in an organization.
Be sure to incorporate elements from your reading regarding the leadership approach you discuss (i.e., type of leadership) and how it compares to followers’ needs, based on the followership theory and other tenets of effective leadership.
Address the areas listed below in your presentation. Keep in mind that it would be very rare that a leader performed exceptionally in every area listed here, so do address these questions in terms of opportunities for improvement, as well.
In your presentation,
- Identify your role in your personal best leadership experience.
- Summarize the organization and the context in which you were either a leader or follower in this experience.
- Evaluate the leadership approach that was used in the experience, with specific attention to the theories and leadership factors explored in this course.
- Analyze the approach to team leadership that was used in the experience, if applicable.
- Critique how the leadership style used influenced relationships with the individuals involved.
- Interpret how your motivation and that of others involved was affected by the leadership approach.
- Analyze how those involved in the experience had their needs supported by leadership, based on the principles of followership.
- Evaluate how diverse people and groups (e.g., women, people from other cultures) were included in the experience by the leader.
- Assess the overall effectiveness of the leadership approach in the experience.
- Identify specific areas for improvement in the leadership approach, based on your learning in this course.
The Final Presentation