Complete this document either in Word All of this information is found in the PowerPoint presentations
Take time and prepare these notes carefully (use a different color for responses, for example). You can use the exact definition from the slides or reword it.
Chapter 19—Organizational, Interpersonal, and Group Communication in Team Building
- Define communication and discuss its importance in healthcare
- Name three variables that can affect organizational communication—assign their impact on outcomes
- What are some channels of communication in an organization? Why is this important to know?
- What are the various communication methods? Is one better than another?
- What are the elements of non-verbal communication? Which of these are you aware of and use in your relationships?
- Name 4 types of communication—strengths and weaknesses of each?
- SBAR—What does this mnemonic stand for?
- What are the main points of importance about the ANA/NCSBN Principles for Social Media/Social Networking use?
- Name one way you will adapt your current usage of social media as you become a professional nurse
- What does HIPAA stand for? What is its importance in healthcare?
- Name 5 ways a nurse can violate HIPAA
- What is the EHR—and what are risks nurses must be aware of?
- What are the 4/5 phases of group formation?
- Name and define 3 group building and maintenance roles in groups
- Define the generational diversity that is present in the nursing profession