Client and Community Advocacy
Review this unit’s panel discussion (attached file) and complete the assigned article readings (attached files).
For this discussion post of 750 words , address the following:
- What advocacy actions and/or activities have you participated in to address issues in your community and/or clinical practice? Describe.
- Why was advocating for the issues important for the client or community?
- What additional activities do you plan to pursue to continue your advocacy efforts, knowing how important the issues are? For example:
- Within building-level and community-level advocacy in schools and community mental health agencies.
- Through clinical and setting specialties as represented by the following ACA divisions:
- Association for Adult Development and Aging (AADA).
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling (AARC).
- Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling (ACAC).
- Association for Creativity in Counseling (ACC).
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA).
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES).
- Association for Humanistic Counseling (AHC).
- Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD).
- American Rehabilitation Counseling Association (ARCA).
- Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC).
- Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW).
- Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ).
- International Association of Addictions and Offender Counselors (IAAOC).
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC).