Choose one of the options listed below to discuss your experience of the arts.
Option A: Thinking about the Arts
How have you interacted with the arts in your life? Were you a participant, or were you a part of the audience? Describe how you have participated in the arts in a 525- to 700-word personal essay. Use Option A: Summary Example as a jumping off point. This is an essay describing your personal experiences, but you must adhere to APA formatting in regard to general formatting and title page.
Describe the following in your personal essay:
- A description of the art you experienced and why you chose this form of art over the other art forms covered in this class
- How the experience personally affected you
- How you plan to continue your participation in the arts as either an audience member or creator of the visual or performing arts
- Your own definition of what the arts are and the purpose they serve
- Refer to one of the essays in “The Muses Go to School: Inspiring Stories About the Importance of Arts in Education” that resonates with your experience.
Submit your assignment in a Microsoft® Word document.
Note: Your experiences of the arts may include attending concerts or plays, art in your home or a museum, a movie, or your own work as an artist or performer. If you are describing your own artwork, discuss how the process of creating or performing affected you and what you wished to communicate.