The use of boot camps (shock incarceration) is more frequently administered as a court sanction for adults. However, a few states allow 15 and 16 year olds to be sentenced to a juvenile boot camp.
View the below videos.
Special Projects Miami. (2015, January 9). CBS 4 boot camp Miami. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/KDEpF8IKxEM
Parenthetical citation: (Special Projects Miami, 2015)
GPB Education. (2020, January 1). Boot camp for juvenile offenders | Georgia stories. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/ufI3e-D6nsQ
Parenthetical citation: (GPB Education, 2020)
- What does the research say about the effectiveness of such programs? (Cite your source[s].)
- Describe the pros and cons of shock incarceration.
- How do you feel about this sanction?
- Are 15-16 year old juveniles too young for such a punishment? Why or Why not?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.