Review the “Case Study: Stephen.”
In an essay of 1,000-1,250 words, address the following:
Detail the next steps to take regarding stakeholders that need to be involved in reviewing Stephen’s current LRE placement. Provide who specifically will be involved and describe their legal responsibility in the special education process.
- Rationalize how your foundational knowledge of the special education process and issues within the case study led you to decide upon these next steps.
- Identify and describe the ethical dilemma in providing Stephen an education that allows him to flourish, based on his case study. Discuss why moving LRE placements is not an option at this time due to the standard special education process.
- Discuss how quality data and the lack of additional support in the classroom both play a factor in this decision.
- Cite the “CEC Ethical Principles and Professional Practice Standards.”
- Discuss how additional support in the classroom should be considered before a LRE placement is changed.
- Discuss the possible involvement of paraeducators, tutors, volunteers, or related service providers. If paraeducators, tutors, or volunteers were brought into the classroom to assist Stephen, what guidance and direction would you provide to those stakeholders?
- Discuss the legal, ethical, and quality requirements related to the management of confidential student information when working with paraeducators, tutors, or volunteers.
Support your findings citing the “CEC Ethical Principles and Professional Practice Standards” and an additional 3-5 scholarly resource.