1, Locate at least two architectural works that were influenced by Greco-Roman architecture. These can be from any time period after the Greco-Roman period but should be from different periods themselves (e.g., one from Renaissance and one from Baroque). Then address the following:
· What is the function of each structure?
· How does each work exhibit influence of the Greco-Roman period? Is the influence specifically Greek, Etruscan, or Roman – or a combination?
· How would you compare the two selected works? Take the role of the evaluative critic.
Use examples from the text, the lesson, and the library to help support your answer. Please remember to provide images and citations to help illustrate your points.
2, create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation
Select Chatterton by Henry Wallis visual art pieces as a point of inspiration. Create a painting, drawing, or work of architecture inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
· Inspiration Piece
oRecord the title, artist, year, and place of origin.
oBriefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
· Your Art Piece
oProvide a title.
oExplain the background of your piece.
oExplain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
oHow are they similar and different?
oAre they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
oHow do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
· Methods: paint, watercolor, pencil, crayon, marker, collage, clay, metal, or wood (Check with your instructor about other methods you have in mind.)
· No computer-generated pieces
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, or image of artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)