1. Forensic science is the application of _____________ to criminal and civil laws
2. Expert witness is an individual whom the court determines to possess a particular skill or knowledge in a trade or profession that is not expected of the average layperson and that will aid a court in determining the truth of a matter at trial.
3. Locard’s exchange principle is best described as when two objects come into contact with each other, a cross-transfer of materials occurs.
4. Scientific method is a process that uses strict guidelines to ensure careful and systematic collection, organization, and analysis of information.
5. Walkthrough: The initial survey of the crime scene carried out by the lead investigator where he or she will gain an overview of the scene in order to formulate a plan for processing the scene.
a. Scene photography
b. Evidence collection process
c. Scene diagramming
d. Scene walkthrough